This year, take charge early and pick out wines for next week’s feasting this weekend. Far too often people tend to wait until the last minute or even pick up a bottle on the way to the meal, which will both put you under unnecessary pressure and leave you with limited options.
While the traditional meal typically provides turkey, I have also included white wines that pair beautifully with that vegetarian holiday meal, too. Below is a short list of our picks for this year’s Thanksgiving Day wines to buy.
Sparkling: Pair with cheese plates & appetizers
1. LaMarca Prosecco, Italy – $15.99
2. Barbolini Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro, Italy – $13.99
Red: Pair with roasted meats, lamb, turkey, chicken, fatty meats
1. Belle Pente Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 2008, Oregon – $19.99
2. Savino Vineyards St. Croix 2010, Woodbridge, Connecticut – $12.99
3. Markham Vineyards Merlot 2007, Napa Valley, California – $16.99
White: Pair with fish, Asian stir fry, vegetables and vegetarian recipes
1. Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc + Viognier 2010, Napa, California – $12.99
2. Clos LaChance Sauvignon Blanc 2010, San Martin, California – $12.99